Thursday, September 13, 2012

P...R....T.

If patience is one of your strong holds then training your dog should be a puzzle piece in your day.  There are a lot of days of doing the same thing over, and over until you get the results you want.  For example something as simple as teaching your dog to sit on the corner.  I have had people stop their cars and pull over to ask me, how did you teach your dog to sit without saying anything to him.  It's fairly easy as a child your mom or pop stopped on the corner every time you walked with them.   Your parents stopped you held your hand a little snug, and said wait for the cars to stop and lets go. Till the point they were able to trust you to do it on your own.  The same method applies to your dog.  Every time I stop on the corner from a pup, or even a grown dog, I make them sit.  When my dog is down then I proceed and tell them let's go.  In about two weeks or less, your dog will sit on every corner, most of the time without ever telling them.  My point is most dogs can learn pretty much anything you can vision, all it takes is P.R.T. - patience, repetition, and time.

No comments:

Post a Comment